Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Wonderful Students!

I just posted two new dances! Both dances have been successful in my "beginner" class of seniors! We may take a bit longer to learn them, but my students are sooooo wonderful that we just keep at it until we learn them.

I have not made videos for these yet, but will try to get that done by the end of February--so if you can't put them together from the step sheets, check back!

The first one, "Twilight Time" is deceptively simple...or not. The steps themselves are pretty slow, but there is a lot going on, and plenty of turning, so it's nice to have the time. Once you get the steps down, for a livelier dance, set it to the Beach Boys song: "Kokomo."

The second dance, "T.I.M.E" is very fast! We slow the music down 16%, and it's still a bit of a challenge. But it's a lot of fun. Don't let the number of steps scare you off (84!). It's not as bad as it sounds, and it fits the music so nicely, you will forget how many steps you had to learn!

I hope you enjoy these dances as much as we do. Don't forget to check back to see the video instructions and demo.

No comments:

Post a Comment